|Tom Raymond||Dean of Education|
|Dr. Shannon Amiotte||Professor of Education|
|Dorraine Benson||Associate Professor|
|Terry Albers||Assistant Professor|
|Larry Gauer||Indian Education Grant Coordinator|
Here is the Calendar of events for OLC.
- March 2nd 2015
- 10:00am: Chairs Mtg.
- March 6th 2015
- 10:00am: All Staff Mtg.
- March 7th 2015
- Bravehearts (SW Challenge)
- March 13th 2015
- 10:00am: PWO
- 10:30am: Student Senate
- March 14th 2015
- Bravehearts (ND Challenge)
- March 15th 2015
- March 16th 2015
- Spring Break
- March 17th 2015
To graduate highly qualified, professional, motivated, and reflective teachers who posses and teach/practice Wolakolkiciyapi in a multicultural, changing world. The professional teacher education program views Wolakolkiciyapi as reflection and conduct of the Lakota Virtues as a means of improving self and others.
The Professional Teacher Education Program Mission
Graduates from our programs will be proficient as competent reflective teachers of content, theory, and application with an emphasis on (Lakota Virtues) character education while emphasizing community empowerment through reflection of traditional Lakota perspectives.
Oglala Lakota College's Education Department utilizes instructional delivery based around an Experiential-Interactive Model. Our experiential-interactive model focuses on giving teacher trainees practical application relating to the profession of teaching. Our model includes the following:
- A Professional Development School Model;
- dialogue between student and teacher;
- guidance and facilitation;
- enforces student-student collaboration;
- incorporates a conscious integration of language and content area;
- focuses on the development of high-level thinking skills;
- instructional presentation generates intrinsic rather than extrinsic motivation.
Degrees and Programs:
- Associate of Arts Degree in Elementary Education
- Bachelor of Science Degree in K-8 Elementary Education
- Bachelor of Science in K-12 Lakota Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Science 7-12 Secondary Education with Endorsements available in Earth Science, Math, and Biology
- K-12 Special Education Certification