Here is the Calendar of events for OLC.
- August 27th 2016
- 10:00am: Wazi Paha Festival
- September 2nd 2016
- 10:00am: Last Day 100% drop
- 10:00am: All Staff
- September 12th 2016
- 12:00am: Labor Day
- April 28th 2017
- 9:00am: Research Symposium
Student Support Services
|Milton Fineran||SSS Director (CRCC/LCC/PCCC)||Phone|
|Aloysius Wounded Head||PRCC/OCC SSS Counselor||Phone|
|Diana Lessert||PSCC/WKCC/EWCC SSS Counselor||Phone|
|Cassie Big Crow||HSCC SSS Counselor||Phone|
|Bernie Shot With Arrow||PHCC/ENCC SSS Counselor||Phone|
The Student Support Services began at Oglala Lakota College in the Fall of 1993. It is one of the TRIO programs funded by the U.S. Dept. of Education and serves 200 students a year.
Student Support Services Program Purpose
- To provide opportunities for academic development.
- To assist students with OLC requirements.
- To motivate or help students reach the completion of their academic goals.
The Program targets students who are
- First Generation-meaning your parents do not have a four year degree.
- Students with disabilities
- Academic Assistance Only
- Tutoring-the main service component.
- Tutor Labs
- Peer Mentoring
- Academic Advising
- Personal Counseling
- Financial Aid application assistance
- Scholarship Application help
- Cultural Activities
- Other Services