Here is the Calendar of events for OLC.
- May 30th 2016
- 8:30am: Memorial Day Holiday
- June 17th 2016
- 8:30am: Last Day for Support Staff
- 5:00pm: Graduation Pow wow
- June 18th 2016
- 8:30am: Graduation Pow wow
- June 19th 2016
- 10:00am: Graduation and Pow wow
Admissions Disability Policy
Oglala Lakota College recognizes physical and mental disabilities that include mobility, sensory, health, psychological, and learning disabilities, and provides reasonable accommodations and/or referrals once the disability is adequately documented. While Oglala Lakota Colleges legal obligations only extend to disabilities of a substantial and long-term nature, it is also the Colleges practice to honor reasonable requests for accommodations and/or referrals for temporary disabilities such as a physical injury, illness, or complicated pregnancy*. In keeping with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and with section 504, Oglala Lakota College can only provide accommodations and/or referrals to ensure students with disabilities equal access to education. The college does not alter curriculum or provide services that would be construed as special education.
It is the responsibility of the student to make his or her disability and needs known in a timely fashion and to provide appropriate documentation and evaluations to support the accommodations the student requests. Once admitted the student must notify the Coordinator of Support Services by filling out an Application for Service. Once the college has been notified and specific accommodations are requested and appropriately documented, the College will work with the student to obtain the approved accommodations and/or referrals to ensure the student has the opportunity to equal access to education.
Oglala Lakota College will provide all students with information regarding the disability policy and OLCS accommodation request procedures via the colleges website, student handbook, college catalog, and instructors syllabus.
These accommodations and/or referrals may not affect the substance of the educational programs or compromise educational standards and will be provided by Oglala Lakota College to the best of the Colleges ability bases on the resources that it has.
Accommodations include but are not limited to the following:
- Accessible classroom/location/furniture/dorms
- Advance notice of assignments
- Alternative ways of completing assignments (e.g., oral presentation versus written paper)
- Assistive computer technology
- Assistive listening devices
- Auxiliary aids and services (note takers, lab or library assistants, readers, interpreters)
- Captions for film and video material (if available)
- Document conversion (alternative print format: Braille, large print, tape, electronics, raised lettering)
- Early syllabus
- Financial aid accommodations
- Priority Registration
- Academic Advising
- Referral services to campus, community, and stat agencies
- Learning disabilities consultation and strategy instruction
- Taped lectures
All disability-related documents are kept confidential and shared only with OLC personnel on a limited and need-to-know basis. Accommodations based on a students disability can take some time to effect. Delay on the part of the student in seeking accommodations or in meeting required conditions may result in limitations on the ability of the College to provide reasonable accommodation.
*complications due to pregnancy may be a disability if the impairment is not a normal condition of pregnancy and a major life activity is affected. For example, a woman on bed rest under orders from her physician is disabled under the ADA.